How to Disable Auto Play Video on Facebook – Social networking site Facebook keeps adding new features, every now and then. You may find some of these features interesting and useful, or may not like them and just want to get rid of them. One of the features which Facebook added recently is automatic video playback.
You must have noticed that video posts on your Facebook timeline now automatically start playing, as you scroll past them. This works similar to the auto-play video mode on Facebook-owned Instagram.
It might be irritating for many of you when Facebook automatically starts playing every video on the page at the same time. This results in more data consumption and might as well slow down your device. This also puts you in an embarrassing situation when you open Facebook at your office and the phone volume is turned to full. So We have this article on How to turn off automatic video play on Facebook.
This automatic video play is irritating for many of you when Facebook automatically starts playing every video on the page at the same time. This results in more data consumption and might as well slow down your device.
For smartphones and tablet apps, the data consumption will depend on the amount of time you spent watching a video. If you scroll past an auto-play video in News Feed, your phone will use less data than if you stop to watch it for a longer period of time. If auto-play is set to Wi-Fi only, no data will be used. Here we tell you how to disable auto-play for videos on Facebook for Web, Android, and iOS.
How to Turn Off Automatic Video Play on Facebook:
Here we are listing some simple steps to disable to auto-play video option On Facebook.
- Step 1: Go to the settings option of your Facebook profile.
- Step 2: On the left side menu, you will find Videos option.
- Step 3: Click on the Videos option. You’ll find an option like Auto-pay videos in that. Change that Auto-Play videos setting to Off. And you are done. You won’t get those auto-play videos from now.
Now let’s see How we can disable Auto play videos option on Android / iOS mobile phone. These steps are very similar to what we have followed to disable auto-play videos on the Facebook web.
Disable Auto Play Videos on Facebook App – Android:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android mobile phone.
- Click on the three horizontal bars on the top right of the timeline page. Scroll down a bit to find Settings & Privacy option. Expand that and select Settings option.
- Scroll down to the end to get Media and Contacts section. Click on that.
- Now disable Videos in News Feed Start with Sound option.
- You will also find Autoplay option in this screen. Click on that.
- If you want to disable autoplay videos even on WiFi or Mobile data, just select Never Autoplay videos option.
Voila! You just did it. Now move on to your timeline and check whether videos stop playing automatically on the scroll. You can follow similar steps on iOS mobile as well.
Disable Facebook AutoPlay – Conclusion:
Follow the similar steps to Android, iPhone iOS also to get rid of Auto-play Facebook videos which cause maximum usage of Mobile data and results in your phone to slow down. You can have auto-play videos when using Wi-Fi only option also available for Android and iOS (iPhone) users.
With this, I’m concluding this article on How to Disable Autoplay videos on Facebook. I hope you like this article. Share your comments in the comment box below. Cheers!