How to Use WhatsApp Group Video Calling – Step by Step Guide
The most awaiting feature of WhatsApp has finally rolled out. We all are eagerly waiting for WhatsApp Group Video Calling feature since it’s announcement in Facebook Developers conference F8 this year. Now it’s officially released for iOS users and Android beta users. With this beta version, you will get both group voice calling and group video calling features.
How to Download WhatsApp Beta version:
Though it is not officially released to all the users, you can still use it in Android beta/testing version. For iOS users, it is already made available. If you are an iOS user, just simply update the app to get these new features.
Read also : How to Download WhatsApp status Videos
Android users, follow these steps to get WhatsApp with group video calling features to your brand new smart phone.
For Android users:
- Go to Google Playstore for Testing Apps. Refer to this link – Google Playstore – Beta
- As you can see, it is for testing users. You can download it by clicking on ‘Become a Tester‘ button at the bottom.
- Once you do that, you will get a step by step guide to install beta version of WhatsApp. If you have already installed WhatsApp on your phone linked to your Google Play account, you will get a notification about the update.
- You need to wait for some time to get this update. Once you’ve got notification, you can simply update to beta version.
Anyone can become a tester for these App versions. And if you are not willing to use the testing versions anymore, you can simply uninstall the current beta version and get a stable version from Google Playstore – But you need to save all your data prior to uninstalling older version.
For iOS users:
- Just update the WhatsApp App. You will directly get these features.
For Windows users:
WhatsApp video calling feature is not yet made available for Microsoft Windows users. But it will be released soon as per WABeta Twitter handle.
How to Use WhatsApp Video Calling Feature:
- Start a video call with your friend as the same way you do regularly. Once your friend receives your call, you will be able to add more participants icon to that video call at the top left.
- Refer to the image below for the same
- Now click on that ‘Add‘ icon and it will list all your contacts. Add another friend to group video chat.
- You can add only one person at a time to the call.
- After calling a friend, you can’t add more members until your friend lifts the call.
- Sadly, there is a limit on number of participants on a group call. You can add only 4 members to the group video chat.
- Once you have added all your friends, screen will split into four parts. You can see all friends in each ones space.
This is how you can use WhatsApp group video calling and group voice calls. Stable version will be available to all the users very soon. Once the beta testing is successful, we can expect this feature to appear with next month itself.
Here is the Tweet from WABetaInfo about WhatsApp group video calling feature for Microsoft Windows phones.
WhatsApp is enabling group voice and video calls for Windows Phone users too.
If you didn’t get the feature yet, please wait the next days. pic.twitter.com/yfGzNVzb3K
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) June 19, 2018
Update: WhatsApp Group Video calling feature finally released now for all countries officially. Just go to playstore and update your WhatsApp app to get Group Video calling feature now.
Watch out this space for more updates about WhatsApp and other popular apps. There are few more features that are announced in Facebook F8 conference and those will be available very soon. Other awaiting feature is Stickers. You can send stickers along with your chat with this app version. Cheers!