What is Cisco LEAP module? Should you remove it?
Unless you are someone who is very well accustomed to internet connectivity and its relative acts, you may not be very well familiar with the Cisco Leap module. The module supported in between the client and radius server is quite strong. From this article, know what is cisco leap module! What Cisco PEAP module implies! And Is it justifiable to remove it, and other related information.
What is Cisco Leap Module?
Normally, regular windows users install different types of programs. But in their windows operating system, there remain some already installed programs. And among them, you may find the Cisco leap and Peap module, Cisco EAP FAST module, etc.
The Cisco Leap, a part of WLAN, is a wifi extension protocol. Besides that with the CISCO LEAP module, you will have supported mutual authentication between your radius server with 802.1X type of WLANs and the client. The client and radius server authentication is secured with login passwords. The secure Cisco LEAP module is further encrypted with per session keys and dynamic users.
In what windows version CISCO leap module can be installed?
The leap module by Cisco is not limited to any particular advanced windows version for running after it gets installed. Instead, the Cisco Leap module is workable for diverse windows versions. It gets installed for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Vista.
What is Cisco Peap module?
The Cisco PEAP module stands for Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol which supports the Cisco Aironet client software version. This provides for strong security along with one-time token authentication. Some of the exquisite features of the Cisco PEAP module are as follows:
- The PEAP module supports TLS or Transport Layer Security to permit the non-encrypted authentication kinds like the OTP and GLC (Generic Token Card) support.
- PEEP also relies on the Public Key Infrastructure oriented Digi certificate authentication.
- The TLS within PEEP also helps in encrypting user-sensitive information.
- When the expiry date comes, the PEAP model also supports password change.
For availing of the Cisco PEAP module, the basic prerequisite is the presence of Windows XP, the Microsoft PEAP supplant, etc.
Can I remove the CISCO leap module?
When not in use for any of the domains, then, it’s safe to uninstall the cisco leap module. Other than that removing the extension protocol won’t create any problem even if done accidentally.
The CiSCO leap module as an extension protocol has not been used much at present. The educational, as well as the corporate companies, adopt this system of leap protocol.
However, if you use the cisco leap module and accidentally installed it then just reinstall them and access all the prior features. Below learn, how to install the CISCO LEAP MODULE-
CISCO LEAP MODULE INSTALLATION PROCESS.
Before knowing how to remove the cisco leap module, less learn how to install it at one chance-
Step 1. First, you have to update your windows even before installing the Cisco leap module on your desktop. For that;
- You have to open the properties, and they’re just right tap on my computer icon.
- Then you have to tap on the advanced system settings.
- When a window appears on the display screen, there you have to tap on the hardware section. Then tap on the windows update driver settings.
- When the step gets completed, then just select the check for drivers automatically button.
Step 2. In the second step, you have to install the cisco eap fast. reg file and then build the EAP FAST, ECP mode.
- Once downloaded, then double-tap on the EAP FAST.reg file. The reg. file auto-creates the pertinent register entries for the EAP FAST.
Final Step. Using Windows Update, for the installation of the ECP Nodes drivers.
- Once you create the ECP Node for EAP-FAST, then take a small pause. Say waiting for 5-15 minutes will be good. Following that the ECP note will display automatically to the device manager.
- Re-Open the properties. There, you have to right tap on the My Computer section.
- Then tap on the device manager.
- Then, the device manager will have an ECP Node. Just, tap on ECP Node.
- You can then update the ECP NODe just by tapping right on the driver.
- When all is done you can install the EAP FAST for your device. It will get installed when the windows update ends.
Should I remove CISCO Leap Module?
When you are not using the Cisco leap module, it will be wise for you to remove the installed module. It even won’t risk the overall functioning of the PC. But if you find the solution for how to remove cisco leap module, then the answer is located below:
How to remove cisco leap module?
To remove the Cisco leap module from your PC, you have done the following steps-
Step 1. Go to the Start menu if you are using Windows 8 and beyond.
Step 2. Right-tap on the screen’s bottom-left corner. Then tap on the control panel and below the programs do the following –
- For Windows Vista either 7,8 or 10 you just have to tap Uninstall a Program.
- For Windows XP, you have to tap on Add or Remove Programs.
Step 3. As soon as you discover the program, you have to tap on the Cisco Peap module to uninstall it.
- For Windows Vista either 7,8 or 10 you just have to tap Uninstall.
- For Windows XP, tap on the Change or Remove option. It is available at the right corner of the program.
You can also track the removal process by keeping your eye on the progress bar. Follow the prompts to get aware of how long it will take to remove the cisco leap module.
The Cisco Leap module is one of the Wifi leaps protocols. And from this article, you must have accumulated the meaning of the Cisco leap protocol, how to remove the cisco leap module! And other related information.
Currently, the most used of the Cisco leap protocol is the 1.1.6 version used for windows 8 and beyond, which has a total installation share of 98 percent. So, use the module if you use the Cisco programs, or else there won’t be any harm to remove the Cisco PEAP module.