Showbox on Roku TV – Showbox is one of the most popular on-demand video streaming platform where you can just install the Showbox app and start watching loads of content for free. Do you want to Download and Install Showbox app on your Roku TV? We will be taking you through the step by step guide on How to use Showbox on Roku TV.
Showbox is officially available for only Android and iOS platforms. However using the steps we mention here, you can even download the Showbox app on your Roku TV or TCL device and watch your favourite movies and shows at free of cost. If you are having any other Smart TV than Roku, Check out Here – Install Showbox on LG/Samsung/Sony/MI/Fire TV.
Many people are having a doubt that whether showbox is safe to download or not. coming to the safety part, there are numerous websites out there providing showbox app to download. As we don’t have official developer website, we need to download it only from the trusted sources. Otherwise you may face issues with the malicious software installed on your machine. We have verified the app and provided the Download link for Showbox APK for Roku TV in this blog post.
Showbox for Roku TV App Available?
Can I Install Showbox on Roku TV – Actually Roku TV is based on Linux OS whereas Showbox is an android application which in turns uses Linux but a modified version of it. Because of this reason, you can’t directly install Android apps like Showbox on Roku TV. But this is not the case with other smart TVs. You can install Showbox on Samsung, LG, Mi TV or Fire TV directly. But don’t worry. You can still use Showbox on Roku TV to watch movies.
So apart from directly installing it on Roku TV, we have a feature to cast the screen or screen mirroring from our mobile phone to Roku TV. Using this option, we can simply install the Showbox app on our Android or iOS smartphone and then turn on screen mirroring to watch it on the big screen.
But does it really have good watching experience? How about it when you get any messages or phone calls on your mobile? It will definitely ruin the experience. We do have a solution for this problem. Now we are going to present you both the option, Screen mirroring and screen casting using third party app.
Just follow along the step by step guide and use Showbox on Roku TV to watch movies, shows and music. So without much ado, let’s jump in to the installation process.
ShowBox on Roku TV – Using Screen Mirroring:
- Step 1: Download the Showbox app on your Android or iOS smartphone. Here is the Download link for Showbox – Download Showbox APK
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings -> Privacy -> Unknown sources on your phone. Just check the allow option to install apps from external or third party sources.
- Step 3: Once the Showbox app is downloaded to your phone, just locate it on your file manager and double click on it to install. Open the app after successful installation.
- Step 4: Now connect your phone and Roku TV to the same WiFi network.
- Step 5: Navigate to Settings -> System -> Screen Mirroring option on Roku TV device. If it not enabled, just click on Enable Screen Mirroring option.
- Step 6: Now open Screen Mirroring option on your Mobile Phone as well. You will get list of devices available for screen mirroring. Just connect to your Roku TV.
It takes some time for device pairing. Once it is done, you should be able to see your mobile phone screen on Roku TV. Now let’s see how we can use Showbox on Roku TV using AllCast.
ShowBox on Roku TV – Using AllCast App:
Before proceeding connect your Android phone and Roku TV to the same WiFi network. Follow the below steps to Download Showbox for Roku TV.
- Step 1: Download the AllCast app to your mobile from the below given Playstore or App store links – App store.
[appbox googleplay de.stefanpledl.localcast]
- Step 2: Now Download Showbox app as well. Here is the link for that – Download Showbox APK.
- Step 3: Install both the apps on your Android or iOS smartphones. Now open AllCast app.
- Step 4: Search for the Roku device and connect to it. Pairing may take some time to connect initially.
- Step 5: Once it is connected, you will now find your phone screen on Roku TV. You can start a movie or show on Showbox now and enjoy it on Roku TV.
Here is the short YouTube video explaining LocalCast app to cast phone screen to Roku TV –
Download and Install Showbox on Roku TV – Conclusion:
Showbox is one of the excellent platform for watching latest stuff for free. but unfortunately it is only for Android and IOS platforms. But you can still use showbox app on roku TV using any of the methods listed in this article. both the methods are quite similar. They both use screen mirroring feature that is available on Android and iOS mobiles. You will get few more extra features with localcast app screen mirroring.
You can follow the similar steps to install Kodi, terrarium TV, movie box etc. on Roku TV. So I’m wrapping up this article on How to Install Showbox on Roku TV. If you have any queries, let us know through comments. Cheers!