How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp
If you are annoying with auto download media files in WhatsApp and looking for a solution, then this guide is for you. In this article, we will let you know How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp.
WhatsApp, the biggest social messaging platform in universe with over 1.5 billion user base, has became regular day to day routine of our lives. Since its acquisition by Social media giant Facebook, it has come up with even more advanced features.
Now its not limited to just sending text messages. You can share images, documents, videos and all the multimedia messages.
In WhatsApp, there are options available to play with everything you do on WhatsApp. You just need to explore all the option. Auto Download option is made for the people who will receive mostly multimedia messages and you need to save them all. If you have enable Auto Download media option and you phone memory is flooded with all the images and videos, there is an option to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp.
If you have lot of friends or family groups in WhatsApp and you have enable auto download multimedia option, then whatever the media files they post in WhatsApp groups will be saved to your phone. Even I have faced the similar issue in past. When I open the gallery in my phone, all I could see is images downloaded from various WhatsApp groups.
This will even eat up your data. If you are in a highly active WhatsApp group, then it will take more data usage.
Read Also: How to use WhatsApp Group Video Calling Feature
How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp:
So now we will go through step by step on How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the screen
- Now you should be able to see few option. Tap on the Settings, the last one
- Select ‘Data and storage usage‘ option now
- You will find bunch of options now, statistics like how many messages you’ve sent and received etc.
- Scroll down to ‘Media auto-download‘ option and click on ‘When using mobile data‘
- Uncheck all the tick marks in Photos, Audio, Video and Documents
- Now select ‘When connected on WiFi‘ option and uncheck all the tick boxes.
- Do the same for ‘When roaming‘ option as well
That’s it. From now on wards, media data will not be downloaded automatically in WhatsApp. If you would like download a particular image or file, you need to explicitly download it.
Note: Voice messages are always automatically downloaded for the best communication experience.
Related: How to hide WhatsApp chat using Simple Trick
With this I’m concluding this precise guide on How to stop auto download in WhatsApp. Cheers!