Wondering how to see deleted tweets? Nothing can stay hidden in the growth of social media outlets. Even if you delete your already published posts or tweets, people will have the means to access them. In this context, many social influencers, as well as celebrities, often delete their published tweets which creates curiosity among the followers.
So, this article will be kind of good news for you when you are sturdily looking for someone’s deleted tweets. Scroll down below to know how to find deleted tweets by following more than one procedure.
Why do people often delete their tweets?
The question of why people delete their tweets is quite subjective. Therefore, there won’t be any particular answer to such concerns. However, it has been witnessed that most of the controversial tweets are deleted by celebrities. However, below you will find some of the useful means to again search for those deleted tweets.
- Also Read: How to pin a Tweet on Twitter?
How to see Deleted Tweets of Someone – 3 Simple Ways?
The most useful ways to view the deleted tweets is just by randomly searching on Google search engine about the tweet. You may not have followed the tweet on time before deleting it. But that does not mean the world hasn’t followed.
In most cases, the followers, as well as the media personals, tap the tweets of the celebrities and copy them as a part of the witness. Therefore, how to find deleted tweets is solved by just browsing on the Google search engine. In the images section of the Google Chrome browser, you will find the screenshots of the most talked-about tweets without even undergoing web research.
Method 1# How to see Deleted Tweets by checking the Google Caches?
You must have known the fact that most browsers often cache the web pages this helps in loading them faster. But the most awesome thing is that Google has a similar version to caches.
When you scroll for the search results section, you might have observed there is a small downside arrow next to some of the entries. And when you tap on those arrows, you can view the cached version of the site. In this way, you can simply view a deleted tweet. When the tweet gets deleted recently it remains in the cached section. Here’s how to find deleted tweets in google cache –
- Step 1. The very first step for viewing the cached version of their tweet is to google the name of the Twitter handle on Google chrome.
- Step 2. Their recently posted tweets will show up in the search results. There tap on any of the downward-facing arrows And then click on the cached.
- Step 3. Then automatically the Google cached version of the deleted tweet will pop up on your screen. You can also access the date along with the time for the tweet. Since the tweet can be overwritten with a new cached tweet. Therefore, it will be appropriate for you to take a screenshot.
Method 2# How to find deleted tweets with the Twitter archive?
You can also access your own deleted tweet by using the Twitter archive feature of the social media platform. It’s not a very hard or complicated way to access your own removed tweets. Twitter maintains its archive of the published tweets which includes also the deleted ones. Though you can’t access the data for someone else’s tweet, you can at the same time access your own deleted tweet. Here’s how to do it-
- Step 1. First, you have to install Twitter or open your Twitter account from the web browser.
- Step 2. Then go to the Twitter homepage from where you can download the Twitter archive. There, tap on more.
- Step 3. A drop-down menu will appear. From there you have to select the settings and privacy option.
- Step 4. After that, you have to open your account settings. Then tap on the download an archive of your data feature available at the right pane.
- Step 5. For maintaining privacy, the Twitter team will send you a code on your email id. Verify the code and then you will have the permission to request an archive.
- Step 6. It is some discretion of the Twitter authority when they want to send you the archive via email. But once they send the zip file, you can extract it and open it. When you open the file a normal twitter window will come on your front screen. However, there is a little addition. Now you can search your last tweets in order of the dates.
Method 3# Missing tweets using the way back machine.
The final way of tracking your or someone else’s missing tweet is through the medium of the way back machine. The way back machine is also known by the name of an internet time machine. Popularly it’s a website helping in archiving the public pages for internet posterity. The way back machine holds archives for the public webpage at a regular interval of time. So, here’s how to see deleted tweets by using the Wayback Machine.
- Step 1. To search for the deleted tweets, you first have to open the Wayback machine website homepage.
- Step 2. In the browse history section of the app, you have to paste the profile link of the person whose tweet you want to look for.
- Step 3. Then soon in front of your screen, a usual calendar will open up. The calendar will give you an idea about the number of dates when the Twitter account gets archived.
- Step 4. Then just tap on the date you want to see the available snapshots. Other Information like the time of the snapshot will also be provided to you.
- Step 5. Tap on the snapshot which you want to open. For your information, it’s not only just a screenshot but it also allows you to interact with any pages like in the usual state. At the same time, you can also take a screenshot of any of your desired tweets.
All these ways on how to see deleted tweets are temporal and not fully guaranteed. Twitter has made the process of accessing old deleted tweets much more difficult to protect the account holders’ privacy.
But if we assume that you want to search for the celebrity’s tweets, then you can easily search them at Google and probably find a screenshot of those removed tweets. But when the tweet gets old enough and hardly discussed, then finding them on the Wayback machine will be an appropriate solution for you.