If you are looking on how to delete quora account permanently, then this step by step guide is for you. Here is this post we will take you through precise steps on How to delete your quora account.
Quora is a question and answers platform where anyone can post their questions and get the answers or suggestions by the fellow quora users. It all started as a knowledge hub. When I was introduced to Quora, it was full of good articles, story tellers and lot of interesting topics. But in recent days, it got filled with lot of spam users and content. Few of the popular Quorans already started leaving this platform due to the amount of hatred and spam messages they are getting.
So lets start on the step by step process to Delete Quora Account permanently? Quora provided extensive options to manage your quora account. You can block people messaging you, you can disable comment section and similarly you can even Deactivate or delete Quora account permanently. If getting hate or threatening messages is the reason is the reason for you to leave Quora, then you can simply block personal messages instead of deleting your entire Quora account.
Precaution before Deleting Quora Account Permanently:
Quora allows us to delete our Quora account if the user wanted to delete it. But make sure you backup everything – Your answers, blog posts and your whole profile information. Because once you delete your Quora account, you can’t get it back. Once deleted, it is irreversible. You cannot reopen you account.
Once you delete your Quora account permanently, all your content – Answers, Comments, Bio, Blog Posts etc will be deleted except Questions you have asked. Because many of the other Quorans might have answered to your question and that content is no longer yours. Many people have contributed towards it. Its Quora community owned content now.
Note: Quora gives you 14 days time if you want to reconsider your decision to Delete Quora account. If you login with your credentials in these 14 days period, your Quora account will activate again.
You can delete your Quora account both in Mobile and PC. Here we will list down both the methods to Delete your Quora account permanently.
How to Delete Quora Account in Mobile App:
If you are using Quora’s android or iOS app, follow below steps to delete your Quora account permanently.
- Step 1: Open Quora App in your Mobile.
- Step 2: Go to ‘You‘ button with icon at the bottom left corner. Now you can see all your Quora bio including your Question and Answers.
- Step 3: Just click on the three horizontal dots you can find just below your Profile name and description
- Step 4: Now select Settings option. It will take you through all the list of setting options available.
- Step 5: Choose Privacy Option.
- Step 6: Navigate to the end after clicking on Privacy option. You will find Deactivate your account and Delete your account options.
- Step 7: Click on ‘Delete Account‘ option to permanently delete your Quora account.
So this is the step by step guide to Delete your Quora account permanently. Now I will take you through how you can delete quora account in Web / PC.
How to Delete Quora account in PC:
Deleting Quora account in PC is also quite similar to how you can do it in mobile app. Follow this step by step guide.
- Step 1: Go to your Quora account in PC.
- Step 2: Click on profile pic to get all the options and then choose ‘Settings‘ in that as shown in the image below.
- Step 3: Now tap on Privacy option from the left side menu bar
- Step 4: Scroll down to the end. You will find both deactivate Quora account and Delete Quora account options.
In this way, you can Delete your Quora account permanently using your PC.
Using both these methods, it takes 14 days to delete your Quora account. In any case, if you want it to be deleted instantly, send out a mail to Quora team at [email protected] with proper justification from your registered email address. They will consider your request and delete your account permanently.
You can refer to this short video on How to Delete Quora Account:
Before deleting your Quora account, consider whether these alternate options may solve any issues –
- Editing Privacy settings and blocking people
- Deactivating Quora account temporarily
- Delete all your content
Deactivating your Quora account will temporarily hides your content and profile information but you can reactivate it anytime you want. For deactivating your account, you can follow the same process as Delete your Quora account but choose ‘Deactivate‘ option in the last step.
So this is the precise and step by step guide on How to Delete Quora Account permanently. Once you’ve deleted your account permanently every piece of information that belongs to you will be deleted from Quora databases. So better backup all your work before proceeding with this action. If you are facing any issues, kindly let us know through comments. We will be glad to help you! Cheers!!