How to Delete Tik Tok Account Permanently?
Delete Tik Tok Account – If you looking on How to Delete Tik Tok Account Permanently, then this precise guide is for you. We will take you through a step by step process on How to Delete Musically Account Permanently.
Tik Tok (formerly Musically) is a global short video community. Anyone having Musically app can create and share videos in TikTok Musically app or you can just view the most viral videos created by Musically community. Musically platform has a vast variety of audio library, beauty filters and stickers using which you can create stunning and awesome videos with ease. You can make every second count with Tik Tok app.
NOTE: Musical.ly is recently renamed to Tik Tok. But you can follow the same procedure to Delete your Musical.ly or Tik Tok account.
Tik Tok has become so popular in recent days and I can say that it’s teenagers new addiction. But there are security concerns regarding your personal information shared through Musically platform. So few of the people searching on How to Delete TikTok Account permanently.
So here I will take you through the precautions you need to take before deleting musically account permanently, How to delete Musically account and later we will discuss what are the other alternatives to Deleting Musically account.
Precautions before Deleting Tik Tok Account:
Backup every piece of content you have on Musically to your local storage before proceeding with Deleting Musically Account Permanently or Delete Tik Tok Account.
Note: Deleting your Musically(Tik Tok) Account is irreversible process. Once you delete your Musically Account, it will be deleted from Musically databases and you can’t get it back in any case. All your content, fans, comments and everything will be lost.
Musically allows us to manage our account at an advanced level. There are extensive options available to hide your Musically Account so that no one will be able to find it or you can maintain a private account where only people you approve can see your videos. You can even block the comment section or block a particular person from sending messages.
Let’s begin our step by step guide on How to Delete TikTok Account Permanently.
How to Delete Tik Tok (Musically) Account Permanently:
- Step 1: Open Tik Tok Musically App on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Go to profile information icon as shown in the image below.
- Step 3: Click on the Settings icon. You can find it on the top right corner.
- Step 4: Now you should be able to get a popup window with few options. Choose ‘Privacy and Settings‘ in that.
- Step 5: Click on Manage My Account option under settings and privacy.
- Step 6: scroll down to the end and you’ll find Thinking about removing your account? Just tap on that.
- Step 7: Now Musically sends an OTP to your registered mobile number
- Step 8: After confirming the OTP your Musically app will be deleted permanently.
If you are not linked your Musically account with your mobile number, then you need to do it for Deleting Musical.ly account. Without linking it is not possible to delete. So if you haven’t linked it, follow the below process.
How to Link TikTok Account with Mobile Number:
- Open Musically App
- Go to Profile Information icon at the bottom right corner
- Open Settings now
- Choose Privacy and Settings option
- Tap on the first option – ‘Manage my Account‘
- Now you will find Phone number option. Click on that and enter your mobile number.
- Musical.ly sends an OTP to your mobile. Enter it on the App. Now Musically account linked with your mobile number.
Now try deleting your Musically account by following the same process as mentioned above.
Related: How to Delete Quora Account Permanently
Once you delete your tiktok account permanently –
- You can’t access your tiktok account anymore!
- You will not get the refund for the items you’ve purchased on Musically platform.
- You will not get access to the videos you’ve posted on your profile.
- Your chat messages will be still visible to others.
Instead of deleting Musically account permanently you can consider following options:
- Digital wellbeing
- Creating a private account
- Disable other to find you
- Off the comment section
Digital Wellbeing Feature:
Are you one of the addicts of tik tok? Are you getting feeling like you are spending too much time watching videos on tik tok? Then digital wellbeing option is made just for you. This option helps the teens to overcome this addictive behavior.
You will not get bored watching short 30-60 second videos and the time flies just like that. Finally, you will end up with tired eyes after 2-3 hours. So for all those people, here we will list down steps to enable this Screen Time Management option using which you can limit the time you spend on Tik Tok. This is even helpful for parents to control their children’s addiction.
- click on the Me option at the bottom right-hand corner of the home screen.
- Now tap on the three horizontal dots at the top right.
- Scroll down to find Digital Wellbeing option under General section. You will find instructions and features of this option.
- Now turn on this option by setting a password
- In the final step, enable Screen Time Management option and Restricted mode option if applicable.
So enable this digital wellbeing and restrict using tik tok app for maximum upto 2 hours a day. If you are feeling like you are addicted to Tik Tok, you can consider this option.
How to create a Private Account in Musically?
As mentioned earlier, if you create a private account, only people you approve can see your video and profile information. No others will be able to find or follow you. But it won’t make different for existing users.
Here is the step by step process to create a private account:
- Go to Privacy and Settings option under the Settings section in Musically App
- Now select ‘Privacy and Safety‘ in that
- You can find Private Account in the options. Simply turn on the button to enable Private mode to your Musically account.
How to Disabled Others to Find Me?
If you disable Allow others to find me option, other users will not receive suggestions to follow you. To enable these options, follow these steps.
- Open Privacy and Settings options in Musically
- Choose ‘Privacy and Safety‘ option
- Enable or turn on ‘Allow others to find me‘ option.
How to Block Someone on Musically?
Musically gives options to block someone messaging you and block people commenting on your videos. If someone continuously harassing you and disturbing your privacy, you can use these two options to block them.
- Open your Tik Tok app and navigate to Privacy and settings option
- Go to ‘Privacy and Safety‘
- Now you can see ‘Who can send me messages‘ option. Set it to off or only friends.
- Choose ‘Who can send me comments‘ option and to the same thing.
Mentioned are the three alternate options where you can have some privacy instead of deleting Musically account. If you restrict here, you can stop spam messages or comments on your Musically account or videos.
Here is the short video explaining How to Delete Tik Tok account –
How to Delete or deactivate Tik Tok Account – Conclusion
So I’m wrapping up this detailed article on How to Delete Musical.ly account permanently or How to Delete Tik Tok Account Permanently. We have listed down the steps in a precise and step by step guide with screenshots. Do remember the fact that, deleting your account is an irreversible process. Once you delete your tik tok account, you will lose all your content. Backup all your content before deleting your Tik Tok (formerly musical.ly) account. If you have any queries, feel free to drop a comment. We will be glad to help you. Cheers!
Amazing Artice Written. I am very much glad to read your article.Well explained.. Thanks for sharing this amazing information.Best regards.